It’s the season for America’s favorite pastime, the staple of many summers – baseball! If you’ve got a baseball lover, these activities are sure to keep them learning and having fun all summer long. We’ve got free printable activities and a list of great baseball picture books just for you and your little baseball fans.
Included in this baseball activities packet you will find:
- Alphabetical Order – Practicing ABC order with baseball words is a great way to keep your language arts learning sharp this summer.
- Baseball Word Search – This is a fun challenge that will build vocabulary and familiarize your kids with the terminology of baseball.
- ‘Take Me Out to the Ball Game’ Copywork – The words of Jack Norworth’s familiar poem provide the perfect material for some summer time copywork to practice printing skills.
- Baseball Counting – Your preschool and kindergarten aged kiddos will reinforce addition and subtraction skills with these baseball themed picture problems.
- Connect the Dots – This is another entertaining way to practice counting with your littlest learners.
- Picture Books for Baseball Lovers – We’ve got baseball book recommendations of all sorts. Whether you want to learn about the science and technology of baseball, brush up on your baseball history, learn how to play the game, or practice decoding with early readers, you’ll find what you need in this list.